Crickhollow version

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Edited Apr 29, 2009 at 1:36 AM
I am using the latest version of Crickhollow SVN for SmartMap_Core because I feel it is more of what Axiom will look like as it matures.
If you have an issues just ask. For now I am just trying to get it to work. Things are more simple like the SceneManager stuff and the Frame Events are booleens now.
It's in the TechDemo class in Crickhollow SVN.

Hey look, there is a 'Private' checkbox dedicated to project team members only now. I am not sure I noticed that before.
Developer
Apr 27, 2009 at 3:46 PM
I have tried to convert the crickhollow to latest dll s on this weekend but it seen that i needed to made some changes for getting the latest (i mean the axiom used on RPG_Demo) so, can ioncycle can make the changes on it (Adding the latest build Axiom dlls and fix the errors/modifications due to it)?,  (i must write a document for my master degree lesson so i am full up to thursday, i will try to continue to RPG_World project after thursday)
Developer
Apr 27, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Edited Apr 27, 2009 at 3:49 PM
I also requested ioncycle to test something else on the end of this issue:
http://smartmap.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=9865

ioncycle can you look on to it?
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2009 at 3:49 PM
OK, I'm doing it now. I will upload it for now as well without or without compile.
It is supposed to blend well with the World Editor.
Developer
Apr 27, 2009 at 3:51 PM
i wrote something else on above (we wrote it at the same time i think :) ) please look at the issue...
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2009 at 3:51 PM
OK, i thought you had tested this already. I will take a look at it probably tomorrow. I did notice it's within a library as well.
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2009 at 10:43 PM
Edited Apr 29, 2009 at 1:46 AM
The EngineConfig Configuration was taken out of Crickhollow and put into the Demos. So basically I put it in SmartMap_Core and just put it under the SmartMap namespace for now.

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2009 at 1:43 AM
Edited Apr 29, 2009 at 1:45 AM
SmartMap_Core is now running Crickhollow Repo. nowherestudios, if you want to update your demo I can help you out because I am not sure totally how you want it done. The first thing you want to do is add the Configuration folder from SmartMap directory with the EngineConfig files into your directrory and put it under your namespace instead of Demos.Configuration.
Then add the libraries from my Libraries to yours.
Last, there are just a few modifications in DebugOverlay text and SceneManager stuff.
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2009 at 6:48 AM

OK, I almost have it converted but running into an error. I will post this on Axiom forums.

It's giving me this error on my project but not on the Axiom_2008.sln Crickhollow v.1674 library build

No codec available for media with extension .png
   at Axiom.Media.CodecManager.GetCodec(String extension)
   at Axiom.Media.Image.FromFile(String fileName)
   at Axiom.ParticleFX.ColorImageAffector.set_ColorImageName(String value)
   at Axiom.ParticleFX.ColorImageAffector.ImageCommand.Set(Object target, String val)
   at Axiom.ParticleSystems.ParticleAffector.SetParam(String name, String val)
   at Axiom.ParticleSystems.ParticleSystemManager.ParseAffectorAttrib(String line, ParticleAffector affector)
   at Axiom.ParticleSystems.ParticleSystemManager.ParseAffector(String type, TextReader script, ParticleSystem system)
   at Axiom.ParticleSystems.ParticleSystemManager.ParseScript(Stream stream, String groupName, String fileName)
   at Axiom.Core.ResourceGroupManager._parseResourceGroupScripts(ResourceGroup grp)
   at Axiom.Core.ResourceGroupManager.InitializeAllResourceGroups()

Developer
Jun 24, 2009 at 6:16 PM

It happens when you not delete some dlls from the hobitton when you convert to Crickhollow. (Same happened to me :D )

Delete all Dlls on your all projects re-add them again from the ones at Crickhollow (dont forget the unmanaged dlls too)